Sunday, July 20, 2008

Jacket Sleeve Complete

I finished the sleeve of my jacket today and I'm really happy with the way it came out. The ruffle trim was much easier than I expected. I hope I find the collar to be the same way because that's the part I'm a bit intimidated by.

I started on the second sleeve but I hit the end of the skein after about five rounds so I just took a little break. I have a fresh skein waiting for me but I probably won't get to it until tomorrow night or the next day. Depending on what I do with the collar and trim, I may have to buy one more skein.





Some time before this Saturday I have to choose some buttons to sew onto my "In Bloom" handbag (from the Stitch'n Bitch book) and get a lining in it. It's going to be part of my cousin's birthday gift. I'll take a picture of the whole package before I wrap it.

I think tonight I will look through some Japanese patterns and try to find something to do with my seven skeins of Patons Brilliant in Radiant Red. If you have any suggestions, please leave me a comment.

No comments: