Friday, July 25, 2008

My Craft Store Haul

This morning I went to the craft store with a couple of coupons and three things on my list. Of course, I came home with more than three things. But they had so many things on sale, I couldn't help myself!

The main reason for going to the craft store today was to use the 40% off coupons to pick up a couple of books. I got The Crochet Answer Book and 100 Crochet Projects. I can't wait to look through these when my son takes a nap!



Then I picked up a huge skein of sage green yarn to make something for myself, possibly a shirt or jacket. I really love this color.



While I was in the yarn section, I noticed two sales that I couldn't pass up. First, the cotton handicrafters yarn was half off! I have been on a bit of a cotton kick lately so I picked up two skeins - Tumbleweed and Desert Cactus.



And second, on sale for $1.50 was the Kashmira yarn I have had my eye on for quite some time! It's feltable and it's my favorite color! Can't wait to find a pattern for this.



I picked up some purse handles with intentions of making Christmas gifts with them but the more I stare at the shiny black round ones the more I think I may keep those for myself!



And no trip to the craft store is complete without a stop by the fabric remnants counter. I found some white fabric that will be perfect for the YoYo Tote (problem solved!) and some really cute blue and brown stripey stuff. Some pirates and some fairies for my nephews and nieces, some flames and skulls that I couldn't pass up, and a brown travel/map sort of fabric that may come in handy at some point.



This should surely keep me busy for a while!

No comments: