Wednesday, July 16, 2008

YoYo Tote and Corner Scrubby

A couple of days ago I came across this thread on the Crochetville forums and it really inspired me. Normally I am not a rainbowy type person. My favorite color is grey! But this project looked like so much fun to make and I do know a rainbowy type person that this would be perfect for. So I began to make yoyos.



I have made several more since this picture was taken yesterday afternoon. I have yoyos in green, blue, orange, pink, red, and brown using acrylic, cotton, and wool yarns. I have over 100 skeins of yarn in my collection so I should be able to get a great variety of colors and I have a huge skein of white yarn to join them all together. The only foreseeable problem will be choosing a fabric for the lining but I won't worry about that just yet.

I love the fact that I can use up those tiny balls of yarn leftover from other projects. I've gotten rid of four already! And in the true spirit of recycling, I am even saving the two tiny half inch pieces that get trimmed off at the end of each yoyo. I'm going to use them as stuffing because they are so soft. Maybe I'll make a little ami keychain to hang on the tote when it's finished.

I also tested a pattern for "Dorothysgirls" on the Crochetville forums. It's called "Corner Scrubby" and it's a really cute idea for the kitchen. I made three yesterday but I will be making more to use up the rest of the scrubbies I bought. They will make excellent Christmas gifts.





No comments: