Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Armies

With Winter on its way, I have been focusing on which crochet items I can make for myself that I will actually use and get to show off. Arm warmers have always been something that I thought looked really cool and since they don't cover your fingers like mittens and gloves, I might actually wear them!

When I first got the Stitch 'N Bitch book, I made the Ladylike Lace Gloves and, after a little hardship on the secongd glove (even though the first glove flew off my hook without a hitch), I really liked the way they came out. It hasn't been cold enough to wear them yet but I will be breaking them out soon. I used Lion Brand Microspun yarn in Sterling. It took about a skein and a half and just under a month to make them, but remember all my times are with a toddler factored in! So you could probably make them much faster, lol. Here are my finished Ladylike Lace Gloves...





After looking through pattern after pattern of arm warmers and fingerless gloves I found another set I'd like to try: Armies by Tarra Gray. I started these a couple of days ago and I am really excited to see how they will turn out. Again I'm using Lion Brand Microspun yarn, this time in Leaf. I'm also alternating front and back loop only to give each row a little ridge and I will probably make the cuff a bit thinner. Here is a picture of what I've done so far...

2 comments:

Patti said...

That's very pretty green yarn. What brand are you using?

Jain said...

It's Lion Brand Microspun in Leaf. Sorry I forgot to put that in the post.