Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bath Sets Continued

I'm making some bath sets for Christmas gifts, as you saw a few days ago, and along with the wash cloths I have made some soap savers. These were really quick to whip up and they're very pretty. You can find the free pattern here: Five Piece Bath Set. (Edit: apparently the website is gone now) I'm strongly considering making the back scrubber from that page as well but I'm deciding between two patterns. (Edit: guess I'm not anymore!) More on that in a few days.

I used an "H" hook and Bernat Handicrafters Cotton yarn in Tumbleweed. Now all I've got to do is drop in the individually wrapped bars of soap and tie it in a pretty little bow. And probably include a note to unwrap the soap before use, just in case! haha I think I'm going to make myself one of these in the Desert Cactus color. Even though I don't use bar soap, I think it would be fun to try it out. Making these made me want to get some tulle and make some sachets. Mmmm girly smell good stuff.

1 comment:

Alyce said...

Jain, I found a link to this set on Priscilla Hewitt's Ravelry page. Her Ravelry ID is PriscillaH. You did a great job on the soap saver. I love that yarn. Alyce