Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Boo Benefit This Weekend!

This weekend is the Boo Benefit in Jefferson, Texas. It's an annual biker rally to raise money for burn victims and it is the event that my mother was on the way to when she had the accident and subsequently passed away last year. They are going to honor her with a moment of silence and there will be plenty of fun activities including a concert by The Marshall Tucker Band. Donations will be made to several places including Camp I'm Still Me, a place where burn survivors as young as five years old can just be themselves for a week and not have to worry about looking a little different.

If you're wondering what to do this weekend, hop on your bike (don't forget your helmet!) and go check out this event. It really is a wonderful cause and a great time. You could even win a bike and a trailer! These kids need your support to lead normal lives and get much needed medical supplies.

Also in Jefferson is the haunted Jefferson Hotel, a place where my mother loved to stay. I went there with her twice and really had a great time. They have this picture of her and my dad displayed in their lobby. This was taken in front of the hotel a few years ago.


(pic is clickable)

Jefferson is a beautiful town with great places to eat and it's very close to Caddo Lake and a little place called Uncertain, Texas which I hope to procure a souvenir t-shirt from this weekend.

1 comment:

Ally said...

I wish I lived closer so I could attend! Sorry to hear that you lost your mom, its so sweet that they are going to honor her!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving comments on my blog, oh and thanks for being a follower too!