Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chakra Purse Started

Last Saturday, my aunt mentioned that she would like to have a crocheted purse. So of course, I set out to find a good pattern to make her one for Christmas. This was the idea behind the Fat Bottom Bag I made a couple of days ago. But it turned out to be way too small so I decided to give the Chakra Purse a try. I've had my eye on this pattern for quite some time. But I've run into a slight problem. It's lopsided. I'm pretty sure I know what I did wrong but that doesn't much help me now. If you look in the picture you will notice a distinct slant at the top right of the piece. The problem is, there is supposed to be a slant at the top left as well! But my left side is quite straight. Sigh.



The stitch pattern is... not difficult... but let's say intricate. It took me two hours to do that little piece you see there. So I do NOT want to have to rip it back out. I'm hoping I can hide the mistake as I go on, since this is the back of the purse and I will later add sides and gusset. I'm pretty sure I can hide it when I add the sides. Or if not, I'm hoping it won't be that noticable. Because I am not going to frog it and I'm not ready to give up.

I'm using Caron Simply Soft yarn in Plum Wine and a "G" hook. The pattern calls for a "D" hook but I laughed hysterically at that. Not that you shouldn't use a "D" but with the way I crochet combined with this super splitty yarn... I don't think so. I tried at first with an "F" and it was completely not working but now with the "G" it's much better. And looks like it might be a better size for my needs as well.

No comments: