Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Our Halloween turned out to be really great. When I first put Gibson in his costume a few weeks ago, he was very unhappy with it. It had a hat, which he was not having any part of wearing, and it had little footies built in, which he hated, and it had long sleeves, which he has decided are the antichrist. I didn't think I would get to dress him up at all this year. But then the crafty mama inside took over and I thought "Why let this perfectly good costume sit in my closet untouched when I could cut it up and get some use out of it?" So last night I grabbed my trusty scissors and got to work cutting off the feet and shortening the sleeves. This morning I tried it on him and he seemed to really like it!





He went right to work at his tool bench and hardly even noticed he had a tail!



My dad came over after work and took us to my grandmother's house where we ate hot dogs and the kids played tether ball in the backyard until it got dark enough to go trick or treating. Here's Gibson with his cousin Hally who dressed as a cat.



We also had Buzz Lightyear...



a cheerleader...



a witch and a pirate...



and even Kirby!



All the kids had a great time being all hopped up on sugar even though their trick or treating run returned only one house with a porch light on at all. Bunch of Halloween wussies! But that's ok, my grandmother had plenty of goody bags ready. Gibson did a lot of running...



...and ended up tripping over a curb and knocking a good sized knot on his eyebrow. But a couple of kisses and some Junior Mints cleared that right up. We came home and ate a little more candy and then he ran through the house for thirty minutes screaming "Yay yay yay yay YAAAAAAAAY!" at the top of his lungs. Then promptly passed out. Nothing turned out the way I expected but it was really a wonderful Halloween. Hope you all had a great time as well!

1 comment:

Anne said...

Found your profile on Ravelry. Your Halloween sounds a lot like ours. Tons of fun. :)

Gibson is a cutiepatootie.

~retroversa