Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Wheel Lattice Lapghan Progress

Today I picked up an old project that has been hibernating for a few months. I started an afghan for my grandmother back in January using the Wheel Lattice Square. I used an H hook and stopped it at 8 inches instead of the full 12 because I just thought it looked better. At least it started out to be an afghan but my lack of funds kinda coerced me into making it a lapghan instead. In other words, I ran out of yarn! But I think it's big enough, it's like a throw. For the blocks I'm using Vana's Choice in Taupe (which does NOT look taupe to me - it's the darkest one!) and Wool-Ease in Mushroom, and I'm using Caron One Pound in Taupe for the joins and border.

Here are some close ups of the squares...








And here's my progress as of this afternoon...



I finished up that last join and started a double crochet border after dinner. It should be done in a few more days.

No comments: