Sunday, December 28, 2008

Ketjusilmukkahuivi

Today I finished the Ketjusilmukkahuivi. This is a Finnish pattern but luckily I was able to find an English translation for it on Ravelry. The moment I saw this pattern I thought it would be great for my boyfriend's step-mom and I thought of her as soon as I saw this yarn as well. She loves bright, rainbowy colors and I thought the dark brown would match a lot of things while still giving her little splashes of color. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver Fleck in "Coffee Fleck" and I used an I hook.

This worked up really fast and was fun to make except for the bazillion ends to weave in and I really have trouble hiding an end in nothing but chain stitch. But the bumpiness of the color flecks in the yarn help to conceal any little end bits that might pop out.

I couldn't get the true color of this yarn in the pictures I took today. This is the closest I got...



And here's a couple of shots but they're a bit dark. I've really got to hook up that lamp I got for Christmas!



No comments: