Monday, December 15, 2008

The Race To Christmas: Part One

Unfortunately, the money I was counting on to buy everyone's Christmas gifts this year doesn't look like it's going to be making its way into my pocket at all, much less in time to take care of the 20+ people on my list. I only found this out a week ago so that gave me two weeks to hand make a gift for every person. I have crocheted my hands off during every waking second of the last week and will continue, I'm sure, to crochet right up until the car ride to my grandmother's house for Christmas festivities.

I did this last year as well. I made every single gift that I gave last year and I did it all in one month. This will not happen next year. I can't be this stressed out again. As a matter of fact, my New Year's resolution will be to make gifts for people all year long in anticipation of still being as poor as I am right now. One good thing I can take from this is that I can be sure that each person on my list receives a one of a kind item that no one else will have. And for the second year in a row, I get to say that I took the handmade pledge!

I Took The Handmade Pledge! BuyHandmade.org

No comments: