Thursday, December 4, 2008

Scrap Ripple Afghan

Yesterday I realized that after all these projects I finally have enough scrap yarn to start a scrap project. I decided to make a scrap ripple afghan. I'm using a 4.5mm G hook and this pattern with any and every yarn I have leftover from other projects as well as a couple of really old skeins I would never use for anything else - like the powder blue Creslan yarn you see in the picture. I'm using half double crochet instead of single crochet.

I'm excited about how this could turn out. Normally I don't like rainbowy multicolored things but I think this is going to be fun. I am enjoying making the ripples and it seems to be working up quickly. I have an old pattern book from the 70's with a ripple jacket in it and I really look forward to making that one day. Not in multicolor though!

No comments: