Sunday, January 11, 2009

Ridge Swing Cardigan

A couple of days ago I started the Ridge Swing Cardigan by Robyn Chachula. The pattern is available in the Fall 2008 issue of Interweave Crochet magazine. I am making it two tone using blue and brown. The pattern is worked in panels starting with the back. I started with one of the front panels so that I could measure where I wanted my stripe of brown to be. Somewhere along the way I messed up and got off on my stitch count but I still figured out about where I wanted the stripe so I frogged that panel and started on the back panel as the pattern is written. I think I messed up because the turning chain is counted as a stitch. I don't know why but I just hate that, it always screws with me. So I added an actual stitch to the beginning of each row and I have been right on track so far. I finished the back panel yesterday and the front right panel today. Tomorrow I will start on the front left panel and then I'll just lack sleeves. I'm excited about how it's going to turn out. I think it looks great so far. I don't have any pictures yet but it should be finished soon enough.

I ordered some really nice yarn yesterday for the first time. I've never had expensive yarn before so my boyfriend treated me and I shopped on Etsy for hours until I picked out the coolest yarn I could find/afford. I got three skeins: a green sock yarn, an orange sock yarn, and a silvery grey silk yarn. Just wait until you see pictures of these, they are amazing. I will probably keep them forever because no pattern will be perfect enough for them. I know I'm going to use the orange to make a purse to go with the orange purse handles I got for Christmas. Assuming they match.

I am still putting off adding the linings to those purses. I have really got to do that in the next few days before my boyfriend goes out of town and there's no one to watch my son who is deathly afraid of the noise my sewing machine makes. I also need to finish up that cross stitch project soon. And in about a week my boyfriend's step mom has a birthday so I need to pick something to make for her. I have a hat in mind that's been in my Ravelry queue for a while. That's about it on the to do list for now.

2 comments:

jeri greenberg painting said...

i just finished my ridge cardigan and i am liking it finished! its the first thing i did with sleeves....
anyway i feel like i can do those ridges in my sleep now. see you on ravelry

Jain said...

I know, the ridges are so simple and fun! I've only got the sleeves left to make on mine now. But I also started another project using the ridge design today. I should have it finished and blogged by early next week. I'll go check yours out now...