Sunday, February 15, 2009

Arch Scarf Breathes a Sigh of Relief

Remember the Arch Scarf that I started way back in July and almost immediately grew tired of working on? Well the 2009 Stashbusting CAL on Crochetville had me looking at it in a different light last week. If I could just finish off that skein I'd get two points! And that's exactly what I did. I ended up not going around the edges with single crochet like I'd planned for two reasons: I wasn't sure I'd have enough yarn and the scarf was a little short as it is AND I just didn't want to. I looked at all those holes and thought "where would I hook in and how will it look?" and decided I'd probably make it look worse instead of better. It's not a bad edge as it is, it just needs to be stretched into shape a little. So, after six months of sitting on a shelf, my super happy Arch Scarf is complete and ready to go... right back on the shelf! It'll be waiting for a birthday or some other event or person to come along and have a use for it. I used Caron Simply Soft in Off White and an I hook.

No comments: