Saturday, February 28, 2009

A Couple More Bath Items

I made this back scrubber as part of a birthday present which it looks like I may be late to deliver, disappointingly enough. I made a simple double crochet, chain one mesh and then joined it longways with a whip stitch. Then I made decreasing rows of half double crochet on each end and some chains joined with a small loop for the handles. It's like a mesh tube so, if you wanted, before you closed off the ends you could insert a long piece of sponge. I wanted to but I didn't have one.







Then to finish off the last of the skein I made this hyperbolic scrubby. I tested out my tawashi the other day and, although I liked the size and feel of it, it didn't produce as much lather as I would have liked so I decided to give this a try. I thought the extra rufflyness would help. Is rufflyness a word? It is now.



Both made using Bernat Handicrafter Cotton in Desert Cactus and an I hook.

No comments: