Sunday, February 15, 2009

More Firecrackers

After seeing the fingerless gloves I just finished, my boyfriend's step mom mentioned that she would like a pair to wear at the office. I immediately thought of the Firecracker Gloves. I started a pair with Caron Simply Soft Eco in Wine Country but soon realized I wouldn't have enough yarn to finish them and they were a little big anyway. So I used that yarn to make the PDQ in the last post and started the gloves over using Caron Simply Soft in Plum Wine. (What's with the wine colors? She loves wine, too. I just noticed that. Yes, I'm easily amused.) I used an I hook and started with foundation single crochet for greater stretch at the wrist.







I really love this herringbone half double crochet stitch. It's fun and fast and makes a beautiful fabric. I also love that I can whip up a pair of gloves in a day and the finishing is pretty quick. Just a couple of ends to weave in. I'm pretty sure I will be making more of these.

No comments: