Saturday, February 28, 2009

Two Tone Lattice Hat

As soon as I saw the pattern for this Lattice Hat I fell in love with it. I started one with Caron Simply Soft yarn in Plum Wine but unfortunately I ran out of yarn. I was having so much fun making it that I went ahead and started another one, this time using two yarns so that the lattice part stands out a bit more. For this hat I used Caron Simply Soft Eco in Black and Wine Country with an I hook.

I intended this hat to be for me but as I progressed it was apparent that it would be too small. No, I didn't check my guage. I really only check my gauge on clothing pieces and things that I make for someone else. Otherwise I just go along and adjust accordingly. However, I had no idea how to adjust this pattern so I decided this could be for my son. I would like to make another one for myself, maybe I will use a larger hook. I tend to crochet a little tighter and usually need to go up a hook size to obtain gauge.

I really like how the two color thing turned out. The lattice work pops out of the black background and my color changes are not that noticable at all. It was easy to do, if you're familiar with color changing it should be no problem. Maybe I'll make one in black and grey for myself.



1 comment:

smiley-netta said...

It looks great! I've found that Caron's soft yarn (and Red Heart's, for that matter) tend to be thinner, and that can mess with gauge, too...just a thought! :)