Friday, March 13, 2009

Charity Baby Hats

Save the Children was running a campaign called Survive to 5 to help babies in countries like Ethiopia, Nepal, and El Salvador survive the first years of life. They were accepting donations of knitted and crocheted hats and I had planned to send them a box full but it appears that the campaign is now over. However, these little hats can still help someone and I plan to finish off the baby yarn, fill the box, and donate them to a hospital near my home. I hope they aren't too small. I made them the size that was called for by the Save the Children instructions but they seem awfully small. Maybe it's just been a while since I saw a newborn.



I made a couple of sizes using an H and an I hook and the yarn is Jiffy Baby and Red Heart Kooky for the one on the right.

No comments: