Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Orange Socks

I started my first pair of socks not long ago and I am really enjoying the experience of using sock yarn. I wish I could afford more of it! But I do have a great green ball to use when these are done. I think they are turning out nicely and I can't wait to wear them.

Here they are the first day that I started them:



And here they are as of today:



I'm almost ready to start the heel. I'm using this pattern for toe up socks by Mary Rhodes. I looked for a while for crocheted sock patterns and found several really nice ones which are now in my Ravelry queue but this pair seemed the least thick and bulky and uses a plain stitch pattern that will really show off the colors of this yarn. The yarn is Chrysalis Fibers Silky Merino Hand-Dyed sock yarn in "Citrus Squeeze" and I'm using an E hook.

1 comment:

Harper said...

I like your blog, and the socks are cute!

If you have and comments about the pattern (or want a new pattern)or are interested in more from Mary Rhodes, check out her blog at www.stitchwhisper.blogspot.com!