Tuesday, April 28, 2009

WIP Update - April

I just realized that I haven't blogged in quite some time so I decided to give you a little update on my current WIPs, except for two projects which warrant their own posts, the bathing suit cover up and the Outta Sight.

I've made a little progress on my socks since last I posted about them. I reached the heel and made the turn but it seems I need to add a few stitches for it to be the right girth for that part of my foot. This will require a little froging and some alteration to the pattern which I hope I can remember/recreate on the second sock. There will be some trial and error and ripping out of rows so I've put it aside for now until I feel like dealing with it. I am SOOO loving the yarn though.

My granny square blanket is coming along nicely. I've got one more skein of aran and then I think I will end it. It's not quite big enough yet to be a throw (maybe by the time I'm finished?) but it's the perfect size for my son who has pretty much claimed it as his own from the beginning anyway.

I'm still searching for a good pattern to use with the yarn I got for my birthday. It's some very fuzzy purple yarn (and white as well) and you know how I feel about the fuzzy novelty yarns. I really love the finished product but working with them is a pain in the ass. I could easily make a blanket and be done with it but I've really got my heart set on some kind of wearable like a little toddler dress or cardigan. I'm pretty sure I will be using this yarn for my cousin's daughter. Hopefully I will find a good pattern soon. I've got my eye on a couple of things but I'm not sure if I will be able to see the stitches well enough to get through it with the fuzzy yarn. Maybe I will just buy some other yarn and make the dress I"m looking at. But the dilema of the purple fuzzy yarn use remains.

Still looking for glasses for my MC Frontalot doll as well as thinking of props to make for him. Haven't picked him up in a while but he should be finished by the end of this year, in time for Front's birthday. Am I a creepy stalker fan or what?

My scrap ripple is still coming along. I add every little bit of yarn that I have at the end of a project. I'm really excited about how this is going to look when it's finished and it will be very special to me because every color of yarn is going to bring up a memory of the project I did and the person I made that project for. It will be the first and only afghan I've made for myself. But I must admit, I have been considering making some afghans for my grandmothers and I do have some gift cards to Joann's from my birthday so some big projects could be in my near future.

I've got a couple more near-future projects in mind but I won't speak of those just yet.

No comments: