Sunday, May 17, 2009

Futuregirl Handbag

This month I got the opportunity to do something really fun... test a handbag pattern for Alice of Futuregirl.com! I have gotten the RSS feed from her blog for a long time and everything she does is gorgeous. So when I saw her post asking for pattern testers I went immediately to leave a comment. I just knew I would be too late to meet the five person cut off but, lo and behold, I was the second person! Yay!

I would have loved to do it in cotton but I didn't have enough so I used my Red Heart Super Saver Fleck in Sky Blue. I absolutely loved the pattern and I'm sure I'll be using it a lot in the future. I made the large and it's a perfect size for most of the women in my family. My grandmother carries a purse more the size of a small apartment complex but this will definitely be great for my cousins (and for me). I love the flat bottom and the way the handles are made - much better than the way I made them before. She'll be publishing the pattern for free on her blog so keep an eye out and you can make one too!



I've got to pick some fabric and make a lining for it now. More pictures to come.

2 comments:

futuregirl said...

How did I miss out on commenting?! I love this fleck yarn. You could find a really great fabric to go with it. Blue and brown is one of my favorite combos. xo! Thanks for testing!

Jain said...

Yeah I love that color combo too. Thanks for letting me test it, I had a lot of fun.