Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Cat Ear Hats and Scarf

I have been looking a long time for a good cat ear hat crochet pattern. I've tried several and they've never turned out to be what I wanted. This pattern is the closest I've ever come to finding what I want. It's still not exactly what I was looking for but it's definitely the cutest finished product. The pattern is called Holy Julie Newmar Batman! and is available for free at Gege Crochet.



I made this one using some Vanna's Choice yarn that I frogged from my Ridge Swing Cardigan that I gave up on after running out of yarn and never finding the same colors again. The colors are Taupe and Dusty Blue and I used a K hook for this one. After showing this picture to a friend he asked if I would make one for his son who is a skateboarder. Seems like a great hat for skateboarding to me. So I made a second hat using Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather and Caron Simply Soft Eco in Black and an I hook. I really liked the color combination so I made a scarf for myself using the same pattern. I still haven't mailed this to him but I promise I will before it gets cold enough to use it!