Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hook and Weave Shrug

I have wanted a shrug for a while and have had intentions of making this one ever since I got this issue of Interweave Crochet way back in the Fall of 2007. Last month I finally pulled off the sticky note bookmark labeled "shrug" and got to work. The pattern is called Hook and Weave Shrug by Jennifer Orr. In the pattern you make the shrug a solid color and then weave a contrasting color through to make cute little stripes, hence the name "Hook and Weave", but I decided to make mine with stripes and get rid of some small balls of yarn I had lying around. I used Caron Simply Soft in Grey Heather and Caron Simply Soft Eco in Black and Wine Country with an I hook.

The pattern is great, it's simple and fun and really easy to adjust for size. You could make a 2x or a toddler size, whatever you want by simply taking a measurement of the arm spread and adding a little extra for the cuffs to fold over. I will probably make a couple more of these for Christmas gifts.

I will try to get some pictures of me wearing it pretty soon but here are a couple I snapped this morning.



No comments: