Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Short 'N Sweet

Another thing I've had my eye on for a while is the Short 'N Sweet Bolero from the Stitch 'N Bitch book. I don't wear boleros but for some reason I have wanted to make this ever since I saw it. I thought I could give it to someone for Christmas but I'm not sure who yet because it turned out a bit too small for the person I had in mind. I used Caron Simply Soft Eco in Wine Country and an H hook.



This pattern was really fun and easy to do but it seemed to me that there might have been a simpler way to write it. Maybe I'm just spoiled on Doris Chan patterns but finishing off and adding another piece of yarn just to chain 3 and finish off again seems a bit retarded to me. Other than the few odd instructions it was a nice little project. It still needs to be blocked but it looks very cute on.